Get Patent Registration In Delhi at Online Patent Filing
It may come as a pleasant surprise to many. Still, the national capital of India, Delhi, is also the seat of significant patent law judgments in the country and one of India's leading centres of Patent-related cases. That is one of the leading reasons why one should go for patent registration in Delhi.
There was a time when it was believed technology was just a western thing, and Indians couldn't master it. However, that is not the case as India is now at the leading edge of research and development, driving innovations across various industries, including industries such as pharmaceuticals (during the recent COVID-19 pandemic, the country became the only one to be home to not one but two patent applications), biotechnology, computers, electronics, networking technology, telecommunications, etc.
As researchers work hard on these inventions and discoveries, it is natural that they should be able to protect their intellectual property, and that is where taking the patent filing service in Delhi can help them.
Why is it essential to hire a patent filing service in Delhi?
The patent laws and other IP laws are very unlike other laws. For one thing, they are both national and international. Thus, there are several different kinds of patent options available. One also must ascertain where exactly one can get the patent as the good and bad results are not limited to India but extend beyond the national borders to global levels. Thus, patent consulting in Delhi is needed to know what kind of patent one should file.
In India, the legal provisions and guidelines relating to patents are covered in the Indian Patents Act of 1970. The law describes a stringent and detailed process for patent registration in Delhi and other parts of the country. Since a patent will give the owner exclusive rights over the subject matter, this process must be thorough. The patent won't be granted unless the person can thoroughly convince the patenting authority. Since you don't enjoy the benefit of the doubt - in fact, any doubt the patenting authority may have weakens your case; you need to make a strong case.
Naturally, most people are not thoroughly versed in the patent law to create a proper patent draft - and that is just the beginning of a lengthy procedure. The patent management services in Delhi can help you through the following steps of the process:
- Understanding whether you have a patent-worthy subject matter - The first and one of the most important things to understand even before you start on the legal procedure to get a patent is to know whether you even have a subject matter that deserves one. The most important criteria to judge whether a subject matter is patent-able are the following:
- Nature - The subject matter can be a product, service, technology, process - or a combination of these. It cannot be something like a work of art.
- Novelty - The subject matter should be novel - at least in the industry where one is about to use it. It should represent a significant difference from the existing technologies or processes, and the difference should not be something naturally intuitable.
- Commercial use - The subject matter should be useable commercially - that is, on a large scale. It can't be patented until the subject matter can be reproduced on a commercial scale.
- Utilitarian aspect - The subject matter should consult the functional element and not the aesthetic aspect of the product or process. There are separate 'design patents' if ones wish to get one's intellectual property in the aesthetic elements.
- Proof of innovation - One should be able to prove that one has come up with the creation oneself.
Not only must you ensure that you have a patentable subject matter, but you might also have to get more than one patent in some cases, even though they combine to serve a single purpose. That's where patent consulting in Delhi can help you.
- Patent search - Only with the help of good patent management services in Delhi can one expect to make a patent search. Simply put, this is checking the existing patents and other publications to ensure that the patent application won't conflict with any existing patents and publications. If there is a clash, then a patent draft (see below) can be composed in a way that the foreseen conflicts can be removed, or one can create defences against them.
- Patent drafting - Patent draft composition is the most critical step for the completion of patent registration. The wording of the patent is the key to how strong a patent should be. It should focus on the utilitarian aspects and only those aspects that are novel and inventive. Sometimes, the intricacies at this step might mean that your intellectual property rights will be better protected if you have more than one patent for different aspects of the product.
- Presenting your arguments - Even with all the care you may take in drafting patents, the patent registration authority is still likely to have doubts and questions. The patent management services in Delhi are best placed to present your arguments.
What to look for from a service providing patent consulting in Delhi?
The following are some of the key features to look for in a patent filing service in Delhi:
- Secrecy - Until the patent is granted, you enjoy no legal protection for your intellectual property in your patent. Thus, you must be naturally suspicious of sharing your secret with anyone - even with your lawyers. Therefore, you should check what the patent filing service is doing to ensure that your invention is safe. You may even request a non-disclosure agreement before sharing any particulars of your invention.
- Better look for an online service - It is the age of the internet and digitalization, and everything has gone online. Legal services are no exception. You should look for a company that provides an option to file patents online. Online patent registration in Delhi makes the whole procedure hassle-free and convenient, and most people find it time-saving.
- The kind of services provided - Patent registration services offer several different types, and it is natural to wonder what sort of service exactly one can expect. Even if one may not wish to require all their services, it is always best to go for a firm that can provide all kinds of services.
- Expertise - One should always go for professionals with expertise in patent laws rather than another kind of lawyer who may not know the intricacies of patent law.
- Experience - The combined experience of all the lawyers in the law firm in patent and IP laws is another powerful yardstick for measuring their experience. In matters relating to law, experience always pays.
- Affordability - The best patent services are worthless if one can't afford them in the first place, and patent lawyers can be expensive. Thus, one should look for a patent registration service that one can afford. However, affordability in this regard doesn't mean going for the cheapest but rather going for the best one can afford. Hiring a good patent registration service early can help you avoid several costly litigations in the long run. And thus, it is a sort of investment that pays itself back in the long run.
- National and international experience - When looking for a patent registration service, it is essential to ensure that not all their experience is local, as knowledge of global patent laws and practice will prove valuable.
Finding a good patent management service should be your first step once you have invented or come up with something that you consider worth patenting. However, it can be a long search - as very few services can meet all the above criteria. Luckily you can avoid the lengthy search by going for Online Patent Filing.
Online Patent Filing - The Best Place To Get Patent Management Services In Delhi
Online Patent Filing can be your best friend regarding patent consulting services in Delhi. We are an online patent registration and other IP laws relating service provider with some of the best lawyers in the country and the world. We understand that patent laws are not only required by giant MNCs but also by individuals, small businesses, and start-ups, and thus we will always be affordable. Therefore, you get all kinds of services involving your intellectual properties - not only patents but also copyrights, trademarks, design patents, etc. - from the best lawyers at affordable rates. We also believe in helping our clients to make fully informed decisions and thus are always willing to answer any queries or questions they may have.
If you believe you need a patent registration service, call us now.