Online Patent Filing - The Best Service For Trademark Registration In Pune
These days the number of competitors for an enterprise in any industry runs in hundreds, thousands, or even more - with globalisation making global brands locally available and digitalization meaning that the competition is always a single click away. Pune has seen a lot of industrialization in recent years, but it, too, is not immune to this intense competition. The various businesses in the city must thus learn all about trademark registration in Pune.
With so much competition in the market, enterprises need to create a differentiation for their product, brand, or service, as the case may be. That differentiation may come in some characteristic of the product itself or, as is often the case, might result from promotional efforts such as extensive advertisement. In the latter case, the promotion is connected not to the nature of the product but its identity - its name, the logo, the colours and design of its label, etc. Trademark registration in Pune is required to protect the identity of the product.
Understanding Trade Mark Registration In Pune
Let us first discuss what exactly a trademark is. A trademark is a name, logo, brand, etc., and these days it can be something 3d or a sound mark. It is one of many kinds of intellectual properties. However, it differs from other forms of intellectual property, such as patents, design patents, copyrights, etc. It is not and need not be earned by creating something inventive or creative, except insofar that trademarks must be different from existing trademarks.
A trademark ensures that no competitor will sell the products under the brands under the same or similar logos, names, or colours anywhere in India once the trademark registration in Pune is complete. You can put the capital roman letter 'R' in a circle as a superscript next to the trademark to show its registered and protected status.
The registered trademark owners can sue the said party for injunction and damages if somebody does that. Thus, an enterprise can promote its trademark without worrying that its competitors will piggyback on its expenditure and benefit. It also ensures that you aren't infringing on registered trademarks of others and thus won't have to pay the penalty to them (not to mention lay waste to all the money spent in promoting the mark).
Thus, it is hardly surprising that when it comes to trademark registration, Pune has seen a lot of agencies offering the services.
However, it must be noted that getting trademark registration in Pune presents several challenges. The process is a long one and full of challenges. And it is highly desirable in almost all cases to take the services of trademark registration consultants in Pune.
The good news is that these consultants can smoothen the process. Unfortunately, the various trademark registration consultants in Pune are not all the same, and one must be able to find the very best of them. Let us discuss how you can find the best consultants for yourself.
However, before we talk about trademark consultants, let us first understand a little more about the laws and rules concerning trademarks and their registration.
Trademarks And Related Laws
Trademarks are protected in India under the Trademark Act of 1999. Though some laws relating to marks already exist, this act was passed in compliance with the Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights or simply TRIPS. TRIPS was an international legal agreement between all the nations that are members of the World Trade Organization (WTO).
The new rules given in 2017 have extended the definition of a trademark to include the 3D marks and sound marks, which can now be registered as trademarks.
The 2017 rules have also simplified the process and made it more hassle-free. Now, you need only fill out eight forms, not 75, and the application processing is faster.
While unregistered trademarks might also find protection under common law, which provides a remedy of 'passing off, it is best to get your brand registered for maximum protection. The 2002 trademark law defines 45 different classes that can be trademark registered, and these include 11 categories of services.
The following is a list of documents that may be required during trademark registration: Signed Trademark application, PAN Card or Passport or Election ID Card, Scanned copy of Voter's ID, Driver's License or Passport, and the JPG Format of the mark in question, etc. The need for documents varies according to whether the trademark owner is an individual or an enterprise.
Tips For Finding The Best Trademark Registration Consultants In Pune
When it comes to trademark registration, Pune has some excellent consultants and a lot of below-par options. However, if you keep the following instructions in mind, you can find the perfect consultants for yourself:
- Understand your needs - Much like with everything else, the first step while looking for trademark registration consultants in Pune is to have a fuller understanding of your own needs. One must have a clear idea of what kind of industries and products the trademark will operate in. Moreover, in the modern business environment, the chances are your enterprise will be spending a lot on research and development.
If that is the case, you may also need consultation for other forms of intellectual property, such as patents and design patents. In the case of certain businesses dealing with artistic or literary works, it can also be copyrighted. And it can also be that you would like to have more than one trademark.
Same if you want a trademark or other intellectual property registered in other countries. If that is the case, you should look for a single service that can serve all your needs in one place. It would hardly be sensible to deal with several vendors for what could be done in a single place.
- Look for professionals - Not all lawyers are equally good at trademark consultants. Intellectual Property (IP) laws are such that your best bet will be if you are served by lawyers or legal services with expertise.
- Go for a service that has experience - While having technical knowledge of IP laws and matters is good, it is equally crucial that you go for trademark consultants in Pune. They also have some years of experience working in this field. These lawyers will have experienced all possible hurdles that may stand in the way of trademark registration and know various methods of helping you overcome them.
- Check the past reputation - Goodwill is not something that is not built in a single day. It is best to look for enterprises that have developed a strong reputation for their work in trademark registration in India. You can check what the past clients they may have already served - and what these clients may have to say about them.
- Look for an online service - In recent years, internet and smartphone penetration has brought everything online, and trademark registration is no exception. We highly recommend that you go for a trademark registration online service, and Online services are far more convenient, comfortable, and efficient.
They also generally tend to have much higher grades than experts. Concerning digitalization,The new rules of 2017 have gone a long way - it encourages e-filing and allows hearings via video conferencing.
- Affordability - One of the essential characteristics of the trademark registration service that will be perfect for you is that it will be something you can afford. Looking for a trademark service far beyond one's budget is of no use, but we also recommend not to be closed-fisted when determining how much you can spend on getting a trademark. The trademark registration process has grown more affordable after the new rules of 2017 as it introduced a separate fee structure for different classes - that is, individual, start-up and small enterprise, and others.
- Look for a service with international experience - If you have plans to take your business global, you will want to register your trademarks in other countries as well. With the TRIPS agreement mentioned above, it is not possible to register your trademark in most countries. However, to do that, you will need the services of legal consultants who also know international laws. Thus, it is better that you should already start looking for trademark consultants in Pune that have lawyers with international experience.
- Visit their website - You may also want to visit the website of the consultants you are hiring if they have one or check their online presence, which should give you a fair idea of where they stand in the industry.
- Be careful with your privacy - While what gets discussed between a lawyer and client is strictly confidential, and lawyers can't discuss or share that information with anyone; yet, sometimes the secrets get 'leaked out. Moreover, your relationship with lawyers isn't formalised until you have paid them or there is some paperwork. Thus, you may ask the legal consultants you contact to enter into a non-disclosure agreement before sharing any information you may not want to be released to the public.
- Find a service you can trust - At the end of the day, the relationship between a lawyer and their consultant is one of trust. Thus, you should only go for a service you can trust - otherwise, avoid making a decision even if you find some excellent options. It is a good idea to enter into a conversation with the consultants, ask them a few questions, and judge them according to how they respond to you. You should go for them if they can win your faith; otherwise, keep looking.
The tips listed above should help you avoid substandard services and find services that can serve you well. However, completing that search might take a lot of time. And we know where the investigation will end with us. Yes, Online Patent Filing is the best service when it comes to trademark registration in Pune or any other part of the country for that matter.
The Perfect Trademark Consultants In Pune For You
Online Patent Filing is the only service that has the best trademark consultants in Pune with the best lawyers having experience in both Indian and international IP laws that are available at the best prices in the city to everyone - whether you may be an individual, small-scale business, a start-up or a giant MNC. No client is too small or too big for us.
We value your time and resources and work hard to expedite the process while also ensuring that our clients have to suffer from no inconvenience. We can help you check the currently registered trademarks to ensure that there is no trademark with a close resemblance to yours (as that may disqualify your marks). We have an intricate knowledge of exactly how much resemblance is passable.
We can also help with the hearing if some objections are raised, and you are asked to present your evidence. If you have any doubts or questions, feel free to ask us. We look forward to a chance to serve you.